Webb Footed Kennels has more Hunting Retriever Champions than any other retriever training operation in the country.
With well over 100 Grand Champions and Master Hunters to his credit, Chris' ability to get the most out of a retriever is truly unparalleled. Chris is also the only handler to win the Super Retriever Series Crown Championship twice.
From choosing the right puppy all the way up to opening day, Chris will show you the way. Join him in this 2 1/2-hour DVD that will show you how it's done. Upon completion of Duck Dog Basics, you'll be ready for opening day with your favorite hunting partner.
Socialization, Laying the Foundation
• Picking a Puppy & Pedigree
• Akin's Answers - What to do with my puppy?
• Fun Bumpers - "Hup Hups", retrieves on land
• Akin's Answers - What do I do with my puppy when I come home?
• Introduction to Water
• Introduction to Covers & Decoys
• Introduction to Birds
• Akin's Answers - Puppy Teeth?
• Introduction to Kennel
• Akin's Answers - When should formal training begin?
FORMAL TRAINING -
Formal Training - Obedience & Collar Conditioning
• Introduction to Formal training
• Formal Training - Tools
• Formal Training - Obedience
• Putting on Checkcord
• Sit/Stay & Here
• Sit/Stay & Here with a more advanced dog
• E-Collar conditioning
• Putting on E-Collar
• Heel & Here
• Introduction to Gunfire
FORCE FETCH -
Force Fetch - Fetch, Hold and Leave
• Introduction to Force Fetch
• Teaching Force Fetch
• Akin's Answers - Can I continue to throw retrieves during Force Fetch?
• Force Fetch with a more advanced dog
• Force Fetch from the ground
• Walking Fetch
FORMAL MARKING -
Formal Marking - Steady to Singles & Doubles
• Introduction to Formal Marking
• Steady - Singles & Doubles
• Diversions - with a less advanced dog
• Akin's Answers -Socialize to your hunting environment
• Adding Distance
• Adding Birds
• Adding the Gun
• Akin's Answers - Making exceptions with friends and family
• Adding Water
• Akin's Answers - Teaching your dog his place
• Steadying - From the duck blind
• Akin's Answers - Taking the right steps on your pup's first few hunts.
• Steadying - From the pit
• Akin's Answers - Pup's first Hunt
• Good Luck!
Don't Forget These Items
DVD, Duck Dog Basics with Chris Akin Q&A
Who is Chris Akin and why is he a trusted expert?
What can I expect to learn from the Duck Dog Basics DVD?
How long is the Duck Dog Basics DVD?
What makes Webb Footed Kennels special?
What is the Super Retriever Series Crown Championship?
Are there any demonstrations in the Duck Dog Basics DVD?
What should I do with my puppy when I come home?
When should formal training begin?
What kind of training tools are covered in the DVD?
How can I track my duck dog's progress?
|Title||Duck Dog Basics with Chris Akin|
|Location||Webb Footed Kennels|
|Achievements||Over 100 Grand Champions and Master Hunters|
|Accolades||Only handler to win Super Retriever Series Crown Championship twice|
|Duration of DVD||2 1/2 hours|
|Socialization Topics||Picking a Puppy & Pedigree, Fun Bumpers, Introduction to Water, Birds, & Covers|
|Formal Training Topics||Obedience & Collar Conditioning, Formal Training - Tools|
|Force Fetch Topics||Fetch, Hold and Leave, Teaching Force Fetch, Walking Fetch|
|Formal Marking Topics||Steady to Singles & Doubles, Diversions, Adding Distance, Birds, Gun, & Water|
|Akin's Answers Segments||Throughout DVD, addressing common questions and concerns|
Duck Dog Basics DVD with Chris Akin: Train Your Ultimate Hunting Partner
Learn from the highly experienced Chris Akin as he guides you through the process of creating the perfect duck dog - from puppy selection to advanced training. This 2 1/2-hour DVD will provide you with essential skills and knowledge, ensuring you have a reliable hunting partner come opening day.
Join Chris Akin, the doyen of duck dog training, as he imparts valuable insights and proven techniques in this comprehensive DVD, complete with practical demonstrations. Chris shares his extensive experience and knowledge, showcasing essentials such as socialization, formal training, and dealing with puppy teeth.
Take advantage of Chris Akin's wealth of expertise and unique training approach, which has helped Webb Footed Kennels earn its esteemed reputation as the top retriever training operation in the country. With Chris Akin's guidance, you'll be fully equipped to cultivate a formidable hunting partner that will meet your highest expectations.