The Itchy Dog Formula was developed to provide many different ingredients that are known to be beneficial for allergies, and skin and coat health.
Itchy Dog Skin, Coat & Allergy Formula will help keep your gun dog's skin and coat in great condition. It will help with mild or moderate itching, keeping your dog focused on hunting, not scratching. The antioxidants, EFA's and spirulina will also keep their immune system healthy, helping them fight viruses and bacteria, along with supporting optimal health overall.
1. Essential Fatty Acids (EFAs): Fish oil is a common source of EFAs. Information in veterinary literature has shown that fish oil supplements were effective in reducing itching and inflammation in 11 to 27 percent of allergic dogs. They are often recommended for dry flaky skin and dull coats. The EFAs that are important for dogs are Omega-3 and Omega-6. These are found in coldwater fish like salmon or trout. Most veterinarians recommend EFAs be used with other supplements for the best results.
2. Oligomeric Proanthocyanidin (OPCs) Antioxidant: OPCs are very strong water-soluble antioxidants. They have been shown in research to be 20 times stronger than vitamin C and 50 times stronger than vitamin E. Antioxidants help the body control inflammation and cellular damage from free radical damage. OPCs have an antihistamine effect. During an allergic reaction the body releases histamine, which causes many of the allergy symptoms. This is why antihistamines are recommended for allergies.
3. Vitamin A: An important fat-soluble antioxidant that is needed to maintain normal epithelial tissues (skin, mucous membranes). Also important for cell maturation, tissue building/repair and immune system health. It is used to treat skin disorders, among many other benefits, and is important for protein utilization. A deficiency can cause skin lesions, dryness, abscesses and cracking.
4. Vitamin E: An important fat-soluble antioxidant with a great deal of research on its benefits. Essential to cell membrane health and survival, this antioxidant promotes healthy skin and coat. Inhibits leukotrienes, which is a biochemical in the body that can cause inflammation. Supports a healthy immune system and stops cell damage by inhibiting the oxidation of fats from free radicals. Veterinarians have reported low blood serum levels of vitamin E in dogs with demodectic mange. It is recommended, along with other antioxidants, for this condition by veterinarians.
5. Zinc: An antioxidant that is an essential nutrient for the synthesis of bone, healthy skin and resistance to disease. Zinc is an important mineral that is found in every cell in the body. Linked to a healthy immune system. Important for protein synthesis and metabolizing carbohydrates. Two rare skin disorders have been linked to zinc deficiency, and supplemental zinc is recommended by veterinarians as treatment.
6. Alpha lipoic acid: A unique antioxidant with its own benefits that also helps restore and recycle other antioxidants like vitamin C, E and glutathione. Its ability to fight both water-soluble and fat-soluble free radicals makes it especially beneficial. Free radical damage to cells has been linked to inflammation. Alpha lipoic acid is an important part of the process that turns carbohydrates into energy in the body. For active working dogs this benefit is crucial.
7. Spirulina: A green food that contains many essential amino acids, antioxidants, mineral B and E vitamins, choline and essential fatty acids. It is a good source of beta-carotene. Spirulina is a highly bioavailable (absorbed easily in the digestive tract) free radical fighter.
Maintenance Usage -
1 - 30 lbs - 1/2 tablet per day
31 - 60 lbs - 1 tablet per day
61 - 90 lbs - 2 tablets per day
OVer 90 lbs - 3 tablets per day
Please read bottle for Initial Usage dosage.
ZoomDog, Itchy Dog (60 Count) is found in the following departments
Our Price: $16.95
IMPORTANT - Only 1 of each selected item below will be added to your basket. If you would like to order a higher quantity please go to the item's product page. Also, please uncheck the Add to Basket Box after you have clicked on the Select Options box.
About Zoomdog Supplements
Hunting and sporting dogs live a very vigorous life with a lot of physical demands. We realize the toll this takes on their bodies and the needs they have that normal dogs donít. With over twenty years of experience developing effective animal supplements for veterinarians worldwide, we have developed these unique formulas especially for gun dogs. Our products help your dogs to be at their best in the field and on the water.