How do you create a duck dog? Growing up in the middle of Arkansas' famed green timber and rice fields, Chris Akin knows how to do just that. He's spent the better part of his life training the world's finest hunting dogs and built one of the premier training facilities at his Webb Footed Kennels.
Webb Footed Kennels has more Hunting Retriever Champions than any other retriever training operation in the country.
With well over 100 Grand Champions and Master Hunters to his credit, Chris' ability to get the most out of a retriever is truly unparalleled. Chris is also the only handler to win the Super Retriever Series Crown Championship twice.
From choosing the right puppy all the way up to opening day, Chris will show you the way. Join him in this 2 1/2-hour DVD that will show you how it's done. Upon completion of Duck Dog Basics, you'll be ready for opening day with your favorite hunting partner.
RESIDENTS OF CALIFORNIA - Proposition 65 Warning
- FORMAL TRAINING
- FORCE FETCH
- FORMAL MARKING
Socialization, Laying the Foundation
• Picking a Puppy & Pedigree
• Akin's Answers - What to do with my puppy?
• Fun Bumpers - "Hup Hups", retrieves on land
• Akin's Answers - What do I do with my puppy when I come home?
• Introduction to Water
• Introduction to Covers & Decoys
• Introduction to Birds
• Akin's Answers - Puppy Teeth?
• Introduction to Kennel
• Akin's Answers - When should formal training begin?
Formal Training - Obedience & Collar Conditioning
• Introduction to Formal training
• Formal Training - Tools
• Formal Training - Obedience
• Putting on Checkcord
• Sit/Stay & Here
• Sit/Stay & Here with a more advanced dog
• E-Collar conditioning
• Putting on E-Collar
• Heel & Here
• Introduction to Gunfire
Force Fetch - Fetch, Hold and Leave
• Introduction to Force Fetch
• Teaching Force Fetch
• Akin's Answers - Can I continue to throw retrieves during Force Fetch?
• Force Fetch with a more advanced dog
• Force Fetch from the ground
• Walking Fetch
Formal Marking - Steady to Singles & Doubles
• Introduction to Formal Marking
• Steady - Singles & Doubles
• Diversions - with a less advanced dog
• Akin's Answers -Socialize to your hunting environment
• Adding Distance
• Adding Birds
• Adding the Gun
• Akin's Answers - Making exceptions with friends and family
• Adding Water
• Akin's Answers - Teaching your dog his place
• Steadying - From the duck blind
• Akin's Answers - Taking the right steps on your pup's first few hunts.
• Steadying - From the pit
• Akin's Answers - Pup's first Hunt
• Good Luck!
DVD, Duck Dog Basics with Chris Akin is found in the following departments
Our Price: $19.95
IMPORTANT - Only 1 of each selected item below will be added to your basket. If you would like to order a higher quantity please go to the item's product page. Also, please uncheck the Add to Basket Box after you have clicked on the Select Options box.
About Avery Sporting Dog
Avery is the nation's leading manufacturer of waterfowl hunting accessories.
Starting with the Quick-Set Waterfowl Blind in 1994, the company has seen its line of products grow into a complete one-stop-shop for anything related to duck and goose hunting. In recent years they have been approached by hunters nationwide to expand our efforts into other areas that include big game and upland hunting.
They have only scratched the surface in these areas but rest assured, as they have done for the waterfowl hunter, they will continue to develop and produce many quality products for all hunters.