The Lovett's LTH (Low Tone Hawk Beeper) Collar or "Six in One" Beeper can be programmed for regular, grouse, point only, and you can add a hawk scream for the point signal. It can also be programmed to eliminate the point signal altogether and will beep every 4 or 8 seconds for keeping track of non-pointing breeds.
Lovett's term "regular" through the years has referred to a beeper with 8 seconds between run beeps and 8 seconds delay (from the time the dog stops) until the beeper changes rhythm. This has been the most popular timing sequence because the longer delay to point allows the dog to piddle a little without the hunter hearing too many false point beeps. When programmed in grouse mode, the run beep intervals and the delay to point are shortened to 4 seconds.
Since grouse cover is generally thicker some like to keep closer track of the dog and less silence aids in this aspect. Hence the name grouse model. This is purely a matter of preference, you can program the unit to a combination regular or grouse model which could be 8 seconds between run beeps and a 4 second delay to point, or 4 seconds between run signals and an 8 second delay to point (refer to programming instructions).
The point only feature allows the user to shut off the running signals. The only time the beeper will sound is if the dog is motionless for 4 or 8 seconds, depending on how the unit is programmed. This also allows the use of a bell in combination with the beeper.
The hawk scream point signal can make birds hold tighter and can be very useful to reinforce the "whoa" command. Dogs can more easily differentiate between the sound of the hawk scream and a beep verses just changing intervals of the same tone of beeps. Thus when used along with the "whoa" training, the hawk scream can be the same to the dog as a verbal "whoa" command, making the birds hold tighter and the dog more staunch.
The Lovett's LTH Beeper Collar was created especially for those who have a hard time hearing high-pitched sounds. Not only does this beeper emit a lower pitched sound, but its decibel output is higher as well. The result is a beeper that can be heard by nearly everyone. It uses proven state of the art microchip electronics and the best hardware available today. Yet each unit is built by hand in the USA under close inspection and tight quality control.
* Waterproof, rotating, coin operated on/off switch molded in the side to eliminate accidental turn offs. Can be turned on or off in the field without turn on plugs or magnets.
* Speaker is mounted on the collar to ride on to of the dog's neck. This will make the beeper easier to be heard by the hunter, easier on the dog's ears and will help keep it out of mud and snow.
* The wires are embedded in the collar which reduces or eliminates the chance of broken wires.
* Around the rim of the battery compartment is a molded O-ring to insure the compartment is watertight when the bottom plate is installed.
* For convenience of programming in the field, abbreviated instructions are printed on the bottom of the battery cover.
* If two dogs are put on the ground at the same time, it is easy to set the beepers on different programs to distinguish between the dogs.
* The entire case is made of molded polyurethane. It has no sharp edges to cut or bruise the dog. It is completely waterproof.
* The beeper is mounted on a collar. The hunter orange collar has high visibility. The collar is soil and odor resistant and water repellant. The collar can be cut and holes added without burning or melting like conventional nylon.
Lovett's Electronics, Lowtone Hawk (LTH) Beeper Collar is found in the following departments
Our Price: $104.95
IMPORTANT - Only 1 of each selected item below will be added to your basket. If you would like to order a higher quantity please go to the item's product page. Also, please uncheck the Add to Basket Box after you have clicked on the Select Options box.